Code of Conduct
- Students, parents, and teachers are expected to behave in a respectful, kind and professional manner towards one another within our dance school.
- Students are the responsibility of the teachers when in the studios only.
- Students must arrive promptly to lessons.
- To maintain safety and hygiene, hair must be in a secure bun for all ballet classes and neatly tied back for other classes.
- Students must adhere to the correct uniform for all classes (please label it).
- Jewellery is not permitted (although stud earrings are acceptable).
- Examination entries are at the discretion of the teacher and pupils will only be entered when the teacher decides they are ready. Please respect the teacher’s professional opinion where examinations are concerned.
- Teachers at Wendy Bates School of Dancing will at times use physical correction whilst teaching dance. This is a tool used to aid learning and understanding of movement. If you would like to discuss this further please contact your child’s teacher.
- Please only share photos/videos of your own children on social media. You should not share any material featuring anyone else’s children.
We believe everyone has a responsibility to promote the welfare of all young people, to keep them safe and practise in a way that protects them. At Wendy Bates School of Dancing we recognise that:
- The welfare of the young person is paramount.
- All young people regardless of age, gender, racial heritage, religious belief or identity have a right to equal protection from types of harm and abuse.
Everyone at Wendy Bates School of Dancing shares an objective to help keep young people and vulnerable adults safe by:
- Providing a safe environment to learn and teach in for all our pupils and staff.
- Identifying and responding to young people and vulnerable adults in need or support.
- Supporting children’s development in ways which will foster a sense of self-esteem and independence.
- Recording and storing information professionally and securely and adhering to the procedures.
- Appointing a Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO).
Wendy Bates School of Dancing will endeavour to ensure that all young people and vulnerable adults are protected from harm while they are attending classes by:
- Ensuring all staff undergo a DBS check.
- Establishing and maintain an ethos where children and young people feel secure and are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of any child or vulnerable adult in contact with us.
- Reporting all incidents to the DSO who will refer relevant information and concerns with the appropriate agencies who need to know and involve children, parents, families and carers appropriately and in a sensitive manner.
- Providing appropriate training for staff in issues of child protection.
Our DSO: Sascha Hurst
Please refer to the NATD Child Protection Policy for further information:
Terms & Condtions
- Half term fees are payable even if you decide not to complete the course.
- No refund for missed lessons.
- If you are absent for your lessons for three consecutive weeks, without communicating with the school, your place in the class may be offered to someone on our waiting list.
- Regrettably we cannot offer discounts or refunds to cover your booked holidays due to the need to ensure continuity of service.
- We will endeavour to run classes during bad weather e.g. snowy conditions either in the studio or online using Zoom. However should we need to cancel due to safety concerns, parents will be notified/contacted (please make sure your phone number is kept up to date on our register). An additional class will be offered if we have to cancel a class or refund against a future term's fees.
- If there is a localised lockdown, all remaining sessions will be moved online using Zoom, with days and times being kept to the original as close as possible. If you/your child are displaying symptoms or should be isolating, you must not attend the session
- Unfortunately there are no refunds for missed sessions.
- If your Teacher is displaying symptoms or isolating, they will endeavour to move all classes online using Zoom in order to complete the remaining sessions. If ill health prevents this from happening all participants will be contacted with further details.